Monday, October 18, 2010

2010 Chestnut teaspoon

I carved this as my contribution to Norman's spoon collection. You will find a smaller version I carved for my son somewhere in the blog. It is a tad over 7 inches long. Unfortunately, it needs to be closer to 9 inches. This has been a real struggle for me. I just carve and what gets created, just does. Trying to carve adhering to specific deminsions has not been easy.




Oh well, I carved 2 similar spoons and should be able to carve a third. Anyhow this one turned out pretty nice. I still like the little 4 inch one better, but I think is realted to the fact that it just appeared as I was carving and this one was planned.

I still plan to carve a spoon for the collection, but I am again almost out of wood. I need to go out and up my raw materials. I carve so many spoons that I find running out of wood to be my primary hurdle.

This one is not numbered.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment