Sunday, December 12, 2010

Walnut and Apple Splash

This spoon was a long time coming. I mean I have had the idea for months, but never acted on it. Mostly because I was scared of messing up. Long ago, I tried wood turning buying the tools and setting out to be the next great turner. As it happens turning was not for me as I did not appreciate the noise, and all the chips that landed everywhere. Carving is very Zen like for me - proably why I carve so many spoons. My son actually turned this little 'handle thing' when he was about 10, and I carved the apple scoop a couple of years back and both sat quietly until this afternoon when I finally attempted to drilling the hole. It took all of 30 seconds and was a none issue.

The result is quite nice as the chocolate and golden browns work well together. Most impressive is that it stands on its own base. And it looks cool too.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment